This Agreement and the goods and services provided under it are not transferrable to another pet or assignable to another person. This Agreement applies only to the pet and Member designated when you sign up for a wellness plan.
2. Automatic Plan Renewal:
This agreement is effective on the Start Date designated when you sign up for an initial term of 12 months (Plan Year) and will automatically renew on the anniversary of the Start Date in each succeeding year for subsequent periods of one year until the Member or Provider cancels this Agreement as described in section 6 below.
3. Estimated Savings:
The Member understands and acknowledges that advertised savings under the Plan assume utilization of all services included in the Plan and that actual savings may vary.
4. Plan Upgrades and Downgrades:
Members can only upgrade or downgrade coverage on the 12 month anniversary of the plan being in place.
Unless paid annually in advance, monthly payments will be billed directly to Member’s debit/credit card or deducted from Member’s bank account. An overdraft/reprocessing fee of $20.00 will be billed to the Member for insufficient funds, over-limit status or any other reason a payment is unable to be processed based on the account information supplied by the Member. The Member is responsible for ensuring credit card information is kept current to avoid any payment overdraft/reprocessing fees.
Petted wellness plans are based on a 12 month term but we do realize that sometimes situations occur that are beyond your control and you might need to cancel your wellness plan. Here’s how our cancellation policy works.
1. No Claims Made – you can cancel anytime with no cancellation fee due.
2. If You’ve Made A Claim – if you wish to cancel before the end of the 12 month term, there is a cancellation fee due of the LESSER of the amount paid in claims or the balance left to pay on the plan.
Note: If your pet passes away and you send us a copy of the death certificate or other proof from your vet, we will IMMEDIATELY cancel your plan and you will NOT be charged a cancellation fee.
Why is there a cancellation fee?
We know cancellation fees aren’t ideal but so we can keep offering these plans we have to protect ourselves against the risk of a pet parent signing up today, claiming for a bunch of wellness treatments tomorrow and then cancelling the next day.
7. Plan Price and Service Changes:
The initial price of the Plan is fixed for the first 12 months of the plan. The Provider reserves the right to adjust the price, services and the Terms and Conditions of this Agreement as of the date of any renewal of this Agreement. The Provider will give the Member notice of any changes no less than 30 days prior to the date they are to become effective. It is the Member’s responsibility to read and understand the Terms and Conditions and services included in any changes to the Plan.
The following items and services are not included in this Agreement and will not be reimbursed by the Provider to the Member:
- (a) Any service or product not specifically mentioned when the Member signed up for this Agreement.
- (b) Any service or product being claimed for that does not specify both the pet name AND Member name used when the Member signed up for this Agreement.
- (c) Any service or product where a receipt to show proof of payment to a reputable and recognised firm or business by the Member is not received by the Provider.
- (d) Any service or product being claimed for a date prior to the Member signing up for this Agreement.
- (e) Any expense not directly related to products or services under this Agreement. This includes waste disposal, record access/copying taxes, bank or credit card fees.
- (f) Any service or product purchased from a company or veterinary surgeon outside of the USA.
- (g) Any claim where the invoice date is over 60 days prior to the claim date.
- (h) Any claim that’s submitted more than 30 days past the end of the coverage period.
If the Member fails to pay any monthly installment by its due date, the Provider may immediately suspend Plan services and products until the Member reinstates the Plan by paying all monthly fees due and owing at the time of payment; provided, however, if any monthly installment is past due for 90 days or more, the Provider may immediately cancel this Agreement and discontinue Plan services, declare all remaining monthly installments for the then-current Plan Year to be immediately due and payable, and refer the Member’s account to a third-party collection agency. Collection activity may negatively impact Member’s credit rating and may result in collection fees that will be payable by the Member.
10. Collection Fees:
Whether or not a legal action is commenced, the Member agrees to pay and reimburse the Provider for any and all fees and costs of any collection agency which may be based on a percentage of the debt (up to the maximum percentage of 33%), and all fees, costs, and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, incurred by the Provider in such collection efforts, and in each case such amounts may be added to the debt owing when the account is placed into collections.
11. Contact and Notice:
The Member agrees, in order for the Provider or its agents to service the Member’s account, including, but not limited to, providing medical reminders, product recalls, or to collect any amounts owed, the Provider or its agents may contact the Member by telephone, text messages, emails, including by use of automatic dialing devices and/or pre-recorded/artificial automated voice or text messages, at any telephone number or email address provided to the Provider by the Member, including residential or wireless telephone numbers.
Any and all claims, controversies, or disputes arising out of or related in any way to this Agreement shall be subject to binding arbitration pursuant to the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) under the Federal Arbitration Act. This includes, without limitation, any claims, controversies, or disputes that would otherwise be subject to class actions. This Agreement is governed by the laws of California. Judgment of the arbitration award may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction. You waive the ability to participate in a class action lawsuit.